Cameras at the ready.
This unique celebration of British wildlife, celebrates nature photography welcoming images of nature taken in the UK.
CJS was there at the launch of the first Awards in 2009 and has been a category sponsor for every competition since, we are delighted to involved once again and this year are sponsoring the Botanical Britain category. This category includes botanical subjects photographed in Britain, including: trees, plants, flowers, fungi and algae. Capture the essence, beauty and diversity of the botanical world, whether close-up, macro or as part of a wider scene.
Originally founded by Maggie Gown the competition is now directed by photographer Will Nichols it has a number of key aims:
- Recognise the talents of photographers practising in the UK, whilst highlighting the great wealth and diversity of Britain’s natural history.
- Celebrate British wildlife and wild spaces through a collection of inspirational photographs.
- Showcase the very best of our nature photography to a wide audience and engage all ages with evocative and powerful imagery.
- Encourage discovery, exploration, conservation and enjoyment of our natural heritage.
- Raise awareness about British biodiversity, species, and habitats.
Find out more, read the new ethical guidelines and competition rules and of course how to enter your photos on the Awards website here: www.bwpawards.org