We've just completed the analysis of the vacancies we advertised during 2011. Nothing too earth shattering, here are the main outlines:
- Slightly fewer available posts than 2010.
- Most vacancies were with charities and non-profit making employers.
- The number for public sector employers fell again.
- No significant change in numbers of the main CJS type of job roles (rangers, ecologists, countryside officers and environmental educators).
- Increase in the number of promotional posts, membership recruiters and similar.
- Increase in the number of trainee and apprenticeships available.
- More short or fixed term contracts and
- Fewer full time permanent posts.