CJS Professional: September 2023 edition.
Click the headers to browse each section, or click on each item
30 adverts for posts
included in this edition.
Please note adverts are deleted as they reach the closing date.
CJS - The original, the biggest and the best in the field, THE Official Job Service CJS has worked with the Ranger organisations of the UK for nearly 30 years so we thought it was time to remind you that we are their Official Job Service. [more]
CJS is pleased to continue to sponsor the British Wildlife Photography Awards, the amazing photos from last years competition are now out on tour, find out more here.
CJS is proud to be a Content Partner of the Green Jobs for Nature website Arising from a need to engage with the next generation of conservationists, CIEEM have created the website aimed at 13 to 23 year olds. The hope is that the site is going to bring environmental careers to the minds of young people. [more]
Meet The Team: CJS Features Commissioning Editor, Amy Worley, writes about her great day out at our local agricultural show, the Egton Horse and Agricultural Show, once the largest one day show in the north but regardless of size it's an important event in the calendar. [more]
Resources for Students, Careers Advisers, Universities, Colleges and anyone helping the next generation of countryside staff. Now that the frantic rush of clearing and admissions is behind us and before the first students start arriving we though now would be a good time to remind everyone of what CJS can offer to help students seeking jobs in the conservation and environmental field. [more]
Biodiversity Net Gain: Aftercare is not an afterthought By Andrew Ainsworth, Practice Area Lead Green Infrastructure and Planning at Ecus
- The natural capital sector is growing fast and there are many opportunities for a varied career. By Jon Dearsley, Joint Head of Natural Capital at Savills
- Regenerative farming - what is it? By Caroline Grindrod, Co-Founder of Roots of Nature
- ialeUK: advocating for landscape ecology across the UK By Dr Chris Young, Committee Member of ialeUK
- For International Day of Charity on 5 September an organisation profile of one of our smaller charities: British Hedgehog Preservation Society – the hedgehog conservation charity written by Imogen Buller, Communications Officer - British Hedgehog Preservation Society
- For International Bat Night on 26-27 August we had a feature from one of our previous Featured Charities the lovely Bat Conservation Trust all about: Working with bats by Alex Morss, Press & Communications Officer
- Ahead of World Tourism Day on 27th September Managing visitors in Eryri National Park By Angela Jones, Partnerships Manager
The next edition is due for publication in October and will feature the vital Conservation Support Services. Take a look at the information online at https://c-js.co.uk/FocusMore and send us a free advert for either a job/volunteer position or a service you offer in support of our sector. Contact Amy, Focus Co-ordinator with any questions: email@example.com
Features from CJS Focus on Land
and Habitat Management in association with the Landscape
Job Profile: Agricultural Consultant By: Jack Munro, Agricultural Consultant, SAC Consulting More information here or read the article here
A range of opportunities to create spaces for nature By: Corrina Urquhart, Director of External Relations at Lantra More information here or read the article here
News from the month
Calendar of events and short courses occurring in November plus additions made over the past month
The next edition of CJS Professional will be published on: 12 October
Got something to share or want to advertise? The deadline is: 5pm Monday 9 October
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any suggestions about areas we could or should include please let us know and we'll try to fill in the gaps. Likewise if you have any information, events etc that you'd like featured please contact us and we'll tell you what we can use and how to send it.