Creating access to employment in the environment sector

A group of people stand in and around a wooden platform. Text reads: Creating access to employment in the environment sector.

How can the environmental sector tackle the increasing green jobs shortage and gaps in skills?

Derbyshire Wildlife Trust help us answer this question this #NationalCareersWeek, and the answer is simple. Diversity. With this in mind the ‘Early Talent’ programme was born. To date they have welcomed 36 paid trainees or apprentices, with more planned. The programme has already made a big impact, with 80% of people progressing into further employment within the sector or into further/higher education related to the sector, and the remaining 20% continuing with citizen science projects! To find out more about the programme, the difference it has made, and what’s next, head here